Thursday, September 17, 2020

The Power of Belief



Let's look at "The Power of Belief".   In Matthew 8:5, the bible reads "And when Jesus was entered into Capernaum, there came unto him a centurion, beseeching him, (v6) And saying, Lord, my servant lieth at home sick of the palsy, grievously tormented. (v7) And Jesus saith unto him, I will come and heal him. (v8) The centurion answered and said, Lord, I am not worthy that thou shouldest come under my roof: but speak the word only, and my servant shall be healed.



Belief a very powerful force that every human possesses.


You see, Faith is substance and Belief is a prescription.



The Centurian was a human being and he possessed the power of belief.  


He was able to be fulfilled because he had a prescription and Jesus said, "Be it unto you according as it has been prescribed. 


A prescription is an establishment of a claim; establishment of the title to something; (deed); the right to acquire something.



Faith is substance and belief is prescription.


Consider the end of this biblical account: Matthew 8:9 

"For I am a man under authority, having soldiers under me: and I say to this man, Go, and he goeth; and to another, Come, and he cometh; and to my servant, Do this, and he doeth it." (v10) "When Jesus heard it, he marveled, and said to them that followed, Verily I say unto you, I have not found so great faith, no, not in Israel."


The Centurion had a prescription and his faith-filled it. Why could faith fill the prescription?  Because it is the substance. The result is fulfillment.


Remember that:


Faith is substance.

Belief is a prescription.


Whether you are black, white, brown, or red, rich, poor indebted or free, male, female, child or adult, as long as you are human you possess a powerful force.  It is called Belief.




No comments:

Post a Comment