Thursday, April 16, 2020

By Dr.James D.Treadwell,Jr.

Coronavirus
Covid-19 and The Church



By now the world is aware of this latest report of outbreak of disease known as the coronavirus. This article is not to inform you of the details of Covid-19.    I'm aware that you are probably already searching the internet and watching the news updates.  I’d like to update you on God’s view and what he expects from His church during these trying times.

First, be very encouraged in the midst of such discouraging reports.  Here are two key words for you.  They are  “Peace" and "grace”.  Peace and grace are available to see you through the weeks and months ahead.  The greatest news is that  our “Great High Priest” Jesus intercedes on our behalf.  In Christ, we move and live.  Praise God!

Colossians 3:15,18 KJV
[15] And let the peace of God rule in your hearts, to the which also ye are called in one body; and be ye thankful.

Secondly, know that we, the church, have been empowered for times like these.  If you are alive today, you can consider yourself equipped to handle the things that are to come.  
Remember, we have been being prepared for it all.  Know that you are already prepared for everything.  This includes having the right character and behavior to love, help and support our fellowman.  

Thirdly, I urge you to follow the governments recommendations:
(at the time that this article was written).

1. Gatherings no larger than 50 (number varies by state)
2. 8:00 pm curfew (time varies by state)
3. Wash your hands thoroughly
4. Avoid eating in public establishments
5. Drink lots of water.


Good News

At the same time, we are not afraid.  There is no sickness, disease or virus stronger than the word of God that we believe and speak.  Fear Not!  Only believe.

Remember, you cannot stop others from fearing, but you can be a good example of an individual who walks in the peace of God.  After all, believers dwell in the secret place where no evil can befall them.  

Read and quote Ps. 91.

Scriptures to believe and apply:

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Col. 3:15 NIV

Grace and peace be yours in abundance through the knowledge of God and of Jesus our Lord. 2 Pe. 1:2 NIV

Don't let your hearts be troubled. Trust in God, and trust also in me. Jn. 14:1 ESV

Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid. Jn. 14:27 NIV

Cast all all your anxiety on him because he cares for you. 1 Pe. 5:7 NIV







Decree from Christian International:

I decree:  I declare my hope and trust are in the Lord who is my refuge and fortress.  I activate my faith and give no place to fear for God is my help in time of need.  He is Jehovah Jireh, my Provider, Jehovah Rapha, my Healer, and Jehovah Shalom, my Peace.  He will keep me safe from evil and not allow any sickness to come near my home.  He will place angels around me and my family to keep us safe from all harm.  Because I carry the dunamis power of the Living God inside me, therefore, the Holy Spirit will be a force field around me keeping me safe, strong and healthy in my body, soul and spirit.  I am blessed and not cursed!  I will be a blessing and strength to others in their time of need.  I will be a source of God’s light and life and bring glory to the Lord in all I say and do.  I agree with God’s Word that this will be my time of victory, peace and increase, in Jesus’ mighty name! 









No comments:

Post a Comment